Friday, September 17, 2010

No TBI support for those of us that are stuck in Pocatello Idaho

Hi,I joined this group, because w.e (Idaho) does not have ANY sort of support group. I suffered severe hypoxia when I was 17 and also traumatic hits to the head.  I have had 5 brain surgeries and I still am here.  I look completely FINE, but my brain is rewired.  People say I am a miracle, but I am a recluse.  No one close understands.  When I speak about having TBI, they tell me it is an excuse.  I did not breathe for almost 15 minutes back in 1974, I had aspirated my stomach contents and had no brain stem activity for 12 hours.  My parent's had planned my funeral.  Throughout my life, I got married, had 3 kids and now I am a grandmother.  Now that my kids are grown and out of the house, I am alone.  Our state is ranked 47 for mental health care, we don't even have a neurologist for a community of 50,000.  I have a PV shunt in my brain and I was life flighted to Utah, where I begged for surgery (inter cranial pressure), but the triage assessed me as a psych patient and put me on the back burner.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Have you heard of BodyTalk? Specifically within the BodyTalk System is another system working more specifically with the brain and that is the PaRama college. Check out their website, you might find it interesting. I have seen brains re-wired for the positive, and the whole system is based on the fact that the body can heal itself. The body leads the session-here is the BodyTalk website: http://www.bodytalksystem.com/

    In your case I would definitely recommend an experienced PaRama practitioner, someone like Sid Snider out in Portland OR. She does remote work and is highly skilled. Here is her website: http://synergywellness.org/

    Best of luck and if you would like to reach me with any questions my website is mosaichealingarts.com

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete